10/1/10

Retightening & Grooming

Yes I finally went and had my roots retightened, and yes it had been a bit more than six months since the last time, and no I'm not even ashamed of that fact lol.  Wednesday, I got up early and caught the bus over to Jefferson St. to see my loctician, Celesta (Stay tuned for a post about her shop).  She shampooed my hair and then interlocked my roots for me.  All the while telling me how much new growth I had, if I were her I'd have charged me more, but she's just good that way.  Some of the locs had ~2 inches of new growth (pretty much all the black roots in the pictures).  I also love the fact that she managed to get all the random loose hair, that I keep getting (darned escapees), worked back into the locs.  Having clean parts makes it so much easier for me to try things like braiding and basket weaving. 
After the reti
Before the reti
Rewind to the other night, I was playing in my locs and noticed that I had lots of stringy loose hair at the end of several of them.

 Tonight, I whipped out my shears and trimmed off most of these. I did leave a few that I thought would manage to integrate into the locs, but most of them were just crazy looking.  I know that "grooming" locs is a somewhat controversial subject, and I'm okay with it to this degree.  I do not foresee myself trimming off the random fuzzies along my locs as some do when they groom though. 

For now I'm content with my locs as is, but I'm considering having them colored again maybe something more coppery. I really can't believe that in nine days my locs will be ten months old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment